Treatment specialization includes:
- Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
- Trauma Therapy for Trauma and Stressor related disorders including:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (etiology of trauma across combat, sexual assault, natural disaster, adverse life experience)
- Complex PTSD (arising from childhood abuse and/or neglect issues)
- Adjustment Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
- Parenting Support (Circle of Security Intervention)
- Grief and Bereavement Counseling
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing evidence based therapy and interventions.
My areas of specialization emerged out of my work with our country’s Veterans suffering from PTSD and Adjustment disorders that largely stemmed from combat experiences and/or sexual assault experiences. Individuals reactions from these traumatic events ranged across a variety of mental heal issues, including PTSD, Adjustment related disorders, depressive disorders, anxiety disorders and Obsessive Compulsive disorders. Many of my clients had suffered childhood abuses (sexual, emotional, physical) as well, that led me to become a specialist in treating Complex PTSD so that we could address more long standing issues contributing to mental/emotional distress and poor functioning.